Chicken is the most common and widely eaten meat all over the world. It is the staple for most. Hence, this article is all about making a chicken that is soft, tender and juicy. It shall help you to experience The most delicious and mouth watering chicken that you have ever had. Here are the simple steps:
- Before starting off let the chicken come to room temperature. Remember if you start off with cold chicken you will end up with a chicken that is not juicy. Allow the chicken to rest for atleast half an hour and use tissues to dry it.
- The next thing that you have to do is flip the chicken upside down. Cut through the chick right through the breast and then open it. For more moisture in the chicken you can cut it at the back.
- You need to pre-heat the grill. To check whether the temperature is right to grill, see if you can keep your hand above the flame for 8 seconds.
- Now is the time for seasoning of the chicken. It is very essential to add just the bit needed for your chicken. Rub it well with whatever seasoning you like before heading to the grill.
- The chicken needs to be cooked with the breast side down for 1/3rd the time and 2/3rd time with the breast side down. Flipping the chicken and basting it with the lime or lemon juice in every ten minutes is essential.
- You can use a meat thermometer to check for the right temperatures till which you have to cook. The breast should read 155 and thigh 165. If you do not have one, it approximately take one and a half hour.
- Pick out a cooler that your meat can fit in. Take the chicken out five minutes before it is fully cooked. Wrap it up in a foil and allow it to rest in a cooler without any ice for half an hour. It lets all the juices of the meat to seep in again instead of ending in your plate. This will ensure a juicy cut every time.
- Make sure you have cooked and grilled the chicken correctly. Overcooked or under-cooked meat, both are not a good idea. The tender flavor of the chicken is lost when not grilled in the right manner. So, while grilling ensure the correct amount flavor and temperature.